Eagle Island Wildlife Photography Contest October 2009
ECO-TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
EAGLE ISLAND – Escape from Reality
Back Barrier Island Hosts Eco Adventure & Photo Competition
Eagle Island, Georgia (January 2009) EAGLE ISLAND is “far from reality – near perfection” and one of America’s most secluded private islands on the Atlantic coast. Guests who visit during October 2009 “ESCAPE FROM REALITY” 3-night eco adventure may enter their favorite wildlife photo from Eagle Island and the Georgia Coast to win a Grand Prize Island Getaway in 2010.
ESCAPE FROM REALITY – October 2009:
• 3-night stay at Eagle Lodge – Exclusively Yours for Two*
• Guided Eco Boat Excursion – from Eagle Island to Doboy Sound
• Private Beach Day on Sapelo Island – Secluded Nanny Goat Beach’s 6 miles of heaven
• Eagle Island Coastal Bucket of edibles and keepsake treasures
• Georgia Coastal Cookin’ Specialty Dishes from Skippers Fish Camp
• $1950. (Monday - Thursday)
• $2200. (Thursday - Sunday) (Weekenders get His/Her 2 hour ballast stone massage - excluding beach day)
*Eagle Lodge sleeps 10 guests. If you require package pricing for more than 2, contact Cap’n Andy.
WILDLIFE PHOTO CONTEST:
• Escape from Reality Guests can submit their favorite Eagle Island wildlife photo online to www.privateislandsofgeorgia.com by November 3, 2009.
• One Grand Prize winner (and guest) receives 2-night weekday escape to Eagle Island during February, 2010. ($1500 value)
Eagle Lodge sits alone – surrounded by wildlife and plants in their natural environment, offering peace, quiet and complete seclusion while completely outfitted with luxurious amenities. Thousands of acres of Georgia coastal marsh cut the lodge off from the rest of the world, although the wild beaches of Sapelo Island are only a short boat ride away from this uninhabited 10-acre private retreat. Explore the dazzling and miraculous Georgia salt marsh eco system, take coastal cruises or watch a full moon rising.
Eagle Island is a “5-Moon Getaway” – no agenda, no clock, no deadlines.
Private Islands of Georgia
(office) 202 Marina Drive
St. Simons Island, Ga. 31522
USA TODAY (Oct. 2008) announces that Outside Magazine identified Eagle Island as one of the best adventure hideouts in their Top 50 Places to Get Away From It All.
The NATURE CONSERVANCY named this region of the Georgia Coast one of ’75 Last GREAT PLACES Left in the World’