The Celebrity AUTHORS & INNS EVENT of 2009
AUTHORS & INNS – A SPRING LAKE EVENT
Winner of NJ Governor’s Tourism Award 2008
Meet Celebrity Cookbook Authors & Learn Their Culinary Secrets
Spring Lake, New Jersey (February 2009) The Historic Inns of Spring Lake are hosting their 3rd annual AUTHORS & INNS TOUR on May 16 and 17, 2009. The tour of 11 inns features cookbooks by a star-studded celebrity list of chefs, restaurateurs and culinary TV/media personalities who will be personally signing and selling their books.
TV News Journalist and Manhattan Lifestyle Reporter Wanda Mann is Mistress of Ceremonies for the weekend event that highlights the best new cookbooks that make home cooking and entertaining fun.
The celebrity authors and paired inns on Authors & Inns Tour Sunday, May 17th are:
• VILLA PARK HOUSE - Barbara Kafka – renowned author/TV personality and honored with James Beard Foundation lifetime achievement. ‘The Microwave Gourmet’ is a NY Times Bestseller along with her collection of famous cookbooks
• OCEAN HOUSE - Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito – owners of BakedNYC and two of today’s most popular national TV guests. February’s O Magazine features 8 pages from their new cookbook “BAKED: New Frontiers in Baking”
• SPRING LAKE INN - Suvir Saran – owner of NYC’s Devi Restaurant, award-winning cookbook author and popular national TV guest features ‘Indian Home Cooking’
• WHITE LILAC INN - Hope Fox – Philadelphia culinary diva and Entertaining Guru – Food and restaurants her specialty! Let’s try to Impress for Less!
• THE BREAKERS - Jeff Nathan – Owner of Abigael’s on Broadway Restaurant in Manhattan, his book ‘Jeff Nathan’s Family Suppers’ appears on PBS – TV, the only Jewish cooking show on PBS-TV
• NORMANDY INN - Patricia Mack – Prominent National Food Editor/Author – panelist for James Beard Foundation and member of L’Dames de Escoffier shares secrets in ‘Tomatoes’
• CHATEAU INN - Marian Betancourt – Food/Travel Journalist – contributor to Woman’s Day, Philadelphia Inquirer and American Heritage – The Texas Hill Cookbook: A Taste of Provence
• ASHLING COTTAGE - Barbara Seelig Brown – TV host of ‘Stress Free Cooking’, food & wine spokesperson for Colavita Olive Oil and culinary educator
• BEACON HOUSE - Belinda Hulin – Celebrated New Orleans/Florida food journalist; her ‘Everything Pizza Cookbook’ includes clever dessert pizzas & pizza canapés for entertaining
• VICTORIA HOUSE - Lynne Kaplan – Co-author of ‘Breakfast, Brunch & More’, she is owner of Victoria House B&B and graduate of Institute for Culinary Education
• SANDPPIPER INN - Barbara Vogel – Innkeeper of award-winning historic inn in Spring Lake who compiled her best breakfast, tea and late night signature dishes in ‘With Love from Sea Crest by the Sea’
A total of 500 Sunday tour tickets will be sold. Guests staying at any of the Inns for the Friday/Saturday weekend will receive a complimentary Sunday Tour Ticket as well as admission to the Private Culinary Presentations on Saturday, May 16. Inn Guests ONLY are invited to spend an hour with each of the following authors as they prepare a recipe from their book:
• 12:00pm Suvir Saran - Pea Samosas from Devi
• 1:00pm Patricia Mack - Trio of Cocktail Hour Tomatoes
• 2:00pm Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito - No-Bake Peanut Butter
Pie and Root Beer Desserts from BakedNYC
• 3:00pm Belinda Hulin - Pizza for a Party
• 4:00pm Hope Fox - Broussard’s Apple Chicken Calvados
AUTHORS & INNS TOUR DETAILS:
WHAT: “Authors & Inns: A Spring Lake Event”
A self-guided tour of 11 Historic Inns & Celebrity Cookbook Authors
WHEN: Sunday, May 17, 2009
COST $15/pp – Tour attendees receive Keepsake Tote Bag/Tour Map of Inns/Authors
TICKETS: 732-449-2010 – Barbara Seaman, Spring Lake Inn
732-449-0211 – Mari Kennelly, White Lilac Inn
732-859-1465 – Historic Inns of Spring Lake Association
WEEKEND INN GUESTS RECEIVE: Admission to Saturday, May 16 Private Culinary Demonstrations and Complimentary Sunday Tour Ticket
**All Sunday Tour attendees will have an opportunity to win:
1. CHEF'S TASTING DINNER For 2 at Devi, New York City (PAIRED WITH WINES)
Win a 7-course Tasting Dinner at the highly acclaimed Dévi. Called the “Best Indian Cuisine” by New York Magazine and “perhaps the city’s best Indian restaurant” by The New York Times’ Diner’s Journal Value: $260 (excludes tax and gratuity).
2. BAKED Gift Set Brownie 12 pack with 8" Platter: BAKED brownies are slightly fudgy and full of the finest quality dark chocolate. This brownie gift set comes with 12 assorted individually hand-wrapped brownies and a keepsake 8" square melamine tray. Value: $47.50
**In 2008, AUTHORS & INNS received the New Jersey Governor’s Award for Tourism.
For book and author photos, inn photos & interviews, contact Leigh Cort Publicity at: email@example.com - (904) 806-3613
www.HistoricInnsofSpringLake.com # # #