Exciting New Menu at Bistro de Leon
AN EXCITING NEW MENU AT BISTRO DE LEON
Classic & Contemporary – Features the famous GRANDE ABSENTE
August 18 ~ ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA ~ As a member of the exclusive Les Toques Blanches Lyonnaises, Chef Jean-Stephane Poinard is one of the honored chefs invited into the rare fraternity of only 100 members in France. Chef’s Bistro de Leon in historic St. Augustine closely resembles the style and spirit of his 5 restaurants in Lyon.
Beginning this month, a few menu items include featured dishes in the newly released book: GRANDE ABSENTE: Images and Tastes of the Green Fairy :
NEW GRANDE ABSENTE DISHES:
• Tomato Escargot, stuffed with escargots flamed in Grande Absente, garlic cream $14.95
• Local Shrimp a la Plancha, flamed in Grande Absente (appetizer) $12.95
• Chicken cooked in Grande Absente served over white rice $15.95
o A FEW FAVORITES:
• Pate or Terrine of the day, candied onion marmalade & side salad (appetizer) $ 8.95
• Leg of Lamb ‘confit’ in Oriental spices and apricot, with mashed potatoes $18.95
• Fish ‘quenelle’ souffle, Crab Meat and Fish, baked in Lobster Bisque $15.95
• Steak ‘au poivre’ (pepper corn creamy sauce), mashed potatoes $17.95
“When you cook, you have to love people. My cuisine is like a symphony; I cook to the rhythms of music – and it’s fun. I don’t make my food adapt to me…I get a feeling for the food that’s the freshest I can procure. The menu changes often, serving only homemade breads & pastries, entrees, salads, ice cream and sorbet…everything authentically from home”. CHEF JEAN-STEPHANE POINARD
Valerie and Chef Jean-Stephane invite their guests to ‘Enjoy the Bistro as if it were ‘Beaujolais Nouveau’ every day of the year and live the moment with us”.