You’re Invited to St. Augustine for a Great Escape Media Trip – January 2008
“The Great Escape to St. Augustine”
The ‘Inns of Elegance’ Create 2008 Travel Writer FAM
The Inns of Elegance are 7 celebrated historic inns on or near the bay front in America’s Oldest City. They have created a unique Great Escape 3-night FAM offered for January 13, 14, 15 in 2008. The Great Escape below features a sampling of the best kept secrets of St. Augustine: (FAM does not include transportation to/from St. Augustine)
- 3-night Accommodations in one of the 7 Inns of Elegance. Recognized as the BEST of St. Augustine’s historic bed & breakfast Inns (circa 1791 – 1915), experience the finest in romance and history.
- Dinner at Collage – A Jewel of fine dining in the heart of the Historic District. Bold & daring cuisine on famed Hypolita Street.
- The Red St. Augustine Sightseeing Train – unlimited train transportation throughout the Historic District for length of the 3-day Great Escape and a narrated overview of America’s Oldest City each time you board.
- Tini Martini Bar – a Welcome Cocktail featuring the soon-to-be-famous Ponce de Leon Martini in St. Augustine’s newest chic bayfront cocktail lounge – in the historic Casablanca Inn.
- ‘Old St. Augustine Village’ – Discover the City’s 440 year history in one ‘museum’. A city block of 9 homes spanning 1790-1910. Courtyards, gardens & old general store!
- Claude’s Chocolate – a glimpse into the world of hand-crafted chocolate making by one of America’s premier French Chefs/turned Chocolatier! Learn about the Art of Eating Chocolate.
- Kingfish Grill – Relax and enjoy lunch at one of the award-winning BEST seafood restaurants in Northeast Florida, located at the Camachee Cove Marina. From New England Clam Chowder to Spicy Seafood Sushi, they swim away with 1st place prizes!
- Inns of Elegance – Visit each of the Inns and Meet the Innkeepers. THEY’LL SHARE THE secrets OF EACH INN WITH YOU AND SERVE A SIGNATURE DISH.
- January is still ‘Nights of Lights’ in St. Augustine – a magical illumination – perfect for your photos.
- SAVOR YOUR FREE TIME, EXPERIENCING ST. AUGUSTINE’S HIDDEN TREASURES ON YOUR OWN – FROM SHOPPING AND ART GALLERIES TO HISTORICAL LANDMARKS AND SPA’S.
All of the Inns of Elegance offer:
- Outstanding Accommodations with Picturesque Settings
- Convenient locations in the heart of St. Augustine’s Historic District and within walking distance to restaurants, shops, galleries and attractions
- Complimentary Full Breakfast
- Private Baths
- Outdoor Gardens or Verandahs
- Color TV
- Wireless Internet Access
- Evening social hour
- Complimentary parking
- V.I.P. Personalized & Attentive Service
- No Children Please
The 7 Inns of Elegance include:
Bayfront Westcott House (circa 1880’s), Bayfront Marin House (1788), Casablanca Inn (circa 1914), Casa de la Paz (circa 1915), Casa de Solana (circa 1821), Inn on Charlotte (circa 1914), St. Francis Inn (circa 1791). www.InnsofElegance.com
If you are interested in joining us for the January 2008 GREAT ESCAPE trip, please email or call and it will be my pleasure to send you a FAM Questionnaire form. We will be selecting 14-18 journalists. LEIGH CORT (904) 806-3613 – firstname.lastname@example.org