CANDLELIGHT CHRISTMAS TOUR IN SPRING LAKE A SUCCESS
Candlelight Tour in Spring Lake – A Community Success .
Spring lake, NJ (December 27) On December 1st, the Spring Lake Bed & Breakfast Association held their 18th Annual Holiday Candlelight Tour. Hundreds of visitors met Innkeepers and their gracious staff, touring each property and getting into the holiday spirit with refreshments and themed décor. From The Ocean House’s ‘Santas’ and the Beacon House’s ‘Nutcrackers’ to the White Lilac Inn’s costumed characters that brought A Victorian Dickens Christmas to life, guests were enchanted with the magic of the season.
This year, a portion of the proceeds is being donated to Spring Lake fire companies, Monmouth County Food Bank and Our Military Phone Cards.
A few appealing tour notes:
• The Spring Lake Bed & Breakfast Association gave away a Grand Prize stay to one tour attendee: Jaclyn Povella from Elmsford, New York!
• The Ocean House had 3 significant historic items on view:
1. The stained glass window in the dining room is from Gloria Swanson’s Englewood, NJ home
2. The grand center hall staircase is from the Philadelphia Centennial 1876;
3. Chandeliers are from the majestic old Warren Hotel in Spring Lake.
PHOTOS ON REQUEST.
• The White Lilac Inn brought Dickens Christmas to life, featuring a dozen costumed characters in authentic attire:
• The Villa Park Inn featured an angel on their mantle from St. Patrick’s Cathedral: