Culinary legend Appearing in Spring Lake - Barbara Kafka
CULINARY LEGEND APPEARING IN SPRING LAKE
Barbara Kafka – Shaping the Way America Cooks for Three Decades!
Celebrity Author Coming to Spring Lake May 17
Spring Lake, New Jersey (March 2009) The Historic Inns of Spring Lake are hosting their 3rd annual AUTHORS & INNS TOUR on May 16 and 17, 2009. The tour of 11 inns features cookbooks by a star-studded celebrity list of chefs, restaurateurs and culinary TV/media personalities who will be personally signing and selling their books.
One of the culinary legends of our generation, Barbara Kafka, is the author of award-winning books that her readers swear by…among them ‘Roasting: A Simple Art’, ‘Party Food’, ‘Vegetable Love’, ‘Soup: A Way of Life’ and the New York Times bestseller ‘Microwave Gourmet’. She has been honored with the James Beard Foundation lifetime achievement award. As a regular contributor to the New York Times, she has written extensively for food magazines in the U.S., U.K. and Australia.
Ms. Kafka’s Book Featured at the Authors & Inns Tour
With her customary originality, thoroughness, and passion for great cooking, Kafka has created the cook's ultimate vegetable resource: 750 original recipes showcasing everything she adores about the vegetable world. Her love of vegetables shows in every dish, each impeccably researched, consistently foolproof, and put to the Kafka taste test. Among these delectable dishes are dozens of essays, including personal reflections on the garden and migrations in the vegetable world, for example; all are erudite and unfailingly entertaining.
Other celebrity authors and paired inns on Authors & Inns Tour Sunday, May 17th are:
• OCEAN HOUSE - Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito – owners of BakedNYC and two of today’s most popular national TV guests. February’s O Magazine features 8 pages from their new cookbook “BAKED: New Frontiers in Baking”
• SPRING LAKE INN - Suvir Saran – owner of NYC’s Devi Restaurant, award-winning cookbook author and popular national TV guest features ‘Indian Home Cooking’
• WHITE LILAC INN - Hope Fox – Philadelphia culinary diva and Entertaining Guru – Food and restaurants her specialty! Let’s try to Impress for Less!
• THE BREAKERS - Jeff Nathan – Owner of Abigael’s on Broadway Restaurant in Manhattan, his book ‘Jeff Nathan’s Family Suppers’ appears on PBS – TV, the only Jewish cooking show on PBS-TV
• NORMANDY INN - Patricia Mack – Prominent National Food Editor/Author – panelist for James Beard Foundation and member of L’Dames de Escoffier shares secrets in ‘Tomatoes’
• CHATEAU INN - Marian Betancourt – Food/Travel Journalist – contributor to Woman’s Day, Philadelphia Inquirer and American Heritage – The Texas Hill Cookbook: A Taste of Provence
• ASHLING COTTAGE - Barbara Seelig Brown – TV host of ‘Stress Free Cooking’, food & wine spokesperson for Colavita Olive Oil and culinary educator
• BEACON HOUSE - Belinda Hulin – Celebrated New Orleans/Florida food journalist; her ‘Everything Pizza Cookbook’ includes clever dessert pizzas & pizza canapés for entertaining
• VICTORIA HOUSE - Lynne Kaplan – Co-author of ‘Breakfast, Brunch & More’, she is owner of Victoria House B&B and graduate of Institute for Culinary Education
• SANDPIPER INN - Barbara Vogel – Innkeeper of award-winning historic inn in Spring Lake who compiled her best breakfast, tea and late night signature dishes in ‘With Love from Sea Crest by the Sea’
A total of 500 Sunday tour tickets will be sold. Guests staying at any of the Inns for the Friday/Saturday weekend will receive a complimentary Sunday Tour Ticket as well as admission to the Private Culinary Presentations on Saturday, May 16. Inn Guests ONLY are invited to spend an hour with each of the following authors as they prepare a recipe from their book:
• 12:00pm Suvir Saran - Pea Samosas from Devi
• 1:00pm Patricia Mack - Trio of Cocktail Hour Tomatoes
• 2:00pm Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito - No-Bake Peanut Butter
Pie and Root Beer Desserts from BakedNYC
• 3:00pm Belinda Hulin - Pizza for a Party
• 4:00pm Hope Fox - Broussard’s Apple Chicken Calvados
AUTHORS & INNS TOUR DETAILS:
WHAT: “Authors & Inns: A Spring Lake Event”
A self-guided tour of 11 Historic Inns & Celebrity Cookbook Authors
WHEN: Sunday, May 17, 2009
COST $15/pp – Tour attendees receive Keepsake Tote Bag/Tour Map of Inns/Authors
TICKETS: 732-449-2010 – Barbara Seaman, Spring Lake Inn
732-449-0211 – Mari Kennelly, White Lilac Inn
732-449-0577 – Spring Lake Chamber of Commerce
WEEKEND INN GUESTS RECEIVE: Admission to Saturday, May 16 Private Culinary Demonstrations and Complimentary Sunday Tour Ticket
**All Sunday Tour attendees will have an opportunity to win:
1. CHEF'S TASTING DINNER For 2 at Devi, New York City (PAIRED WITH WINES)
Win a 7-course Tasting Dinner at the highly acclaimed Dévi. Called the “Best Indian Cuisine” by New York Magazine and “perhaps the city’s best Indian restaurant” by The New York Times’ Diner’s Journal Value: $260 (excludes tax and gratuity).
2. BAKED Gift Set Brownie 12 pack with 8" Platter: BAKED brownies are slightly fudgy and full of the finest quality dark chocolate. This brownie gift set comes with 12 assorted individually hand-wrapped brownies and a keepsake 8" square melamine tray. Value: $47.50
Media Personality and Manhattan Lifestyle Reporter Wanda Mann is Mistress of Ceremonies for the weekend event that highlights the best new cookbooks that make home cooking and entertaining fun
Villa Park House – Meet Barbara Kafka!
For book and author photos, inn photos & interviews, contact Leigh Cort Publicity at: firstname.lastname@example.org - (904) 806-3613
www.HistoricInnsofSpringLake.com # # #