Horse Stamp Inn OPENS July 2012
HORSE STAMP INN OPENS
For Guests Who Enjoy Tranquility, Beauty and Luxury
Waverly, Georgia (July , 2012) Tom and Kris Hutcheson are excited to announce the opening of Horse Stamp Inn, a sanctuary where one can feel that time stands still. Waverly, Georgia is a quiet little hamlet on the Georgia coast, nestled midway between the famous Golden Isles (Jekyll, St. Simons and Sea Island) and historic St. Marys.
Drive through the gate to #2418 Horse Stamp Church Road and arrive at their handsome Southern mansion that whispers ‘relax’. The 5-bedroom Inn is nestled on a sprawling and secluded tree-covered property with expansive green fields, rustic horse barn and artesian fresh water pond.
Together the Hutcheson’s have designed an Inn where simple pleasures mean so much. Moving to the Georgia coast from Denver, their dream was to create an environment that’s an oasis of tranquility where guests could visit and leave their cares behind. Kris comments “Our guests will have time to daydream, read a book, pet a horse, gather eggs in the barn and even feed our chickens”.
Tom’s early impression of the Inn and property were equally appreciated by Kris. “When I first drove up the driveway, I felt that I was home. I knew Kris would love the country around us, the land’s natural splendor and the beautiful house – not to mention her country kitchen!”
At Horse Stamp Inn, the Hutcheson’s begin each day with breakfast prepared from fresh and locally produced ingredients. Guests can have breakfast served in their room or suite, choose to dine on the al fresco verandah or in the homey Inn kitchen. Preparing generous meals made from scratch, each breakfast will include warm baked goodies from Kris and Tom’s collection of family favorite recipes. A sampling includes:
• Blueberry-cornmeal pancakes with warm maple syrup and melted butter
• White Cheddar Grits ~ homemade biscuits
• Choice of eggs: scrambled, fried or poached
• Thick sliced applewood smoked bacon
• Homemade granola, fresh seasonal fruit, yogurt, muffins and toast
• Locally made jams and jellies!
• Coffee, tea, juice and mimosas
• Oversized accommodations with exquisite rural country views
• Artesian Pond stocked with bass, brim and fresh water trout
• Private salt water swimming pool 16’ x 32’ – comfy pool chaises and chairs
• Horse-friendly stable ~ 4-stall barn with tack/saddle room.
• Large chicken coop for fresh farm-to-table eggs
• Brick fire pit for bonfires, picnics AND cooking fresh caught fish from the pond!
• Farm-to-table breakfast featuring family favorite dishes that also respect guests’ dietary needs
• Picturesque Fountain for Special Events
• 21’ boat ~ 2012 Nautic Star XS2000 ~ seating for (8). 30-gallon fresh fish well. 150 HP outboard for water skiing and tubing. It’s a great sightseeing boat to cruise on the Intracoastal Waterway for barrier island day tripping!
• Privacy for small VIP corporate retreats – Security provided if requested
• Rustic & elegant ‘location settings’ for weddings on property. Pictures are worth 1,000 words
HOW TO FIND THE HORSE STAMP INN: (miraculously!)
For nearly ten years, the state of Georgia planned to build an exit on I-95 for Horse Stamp Church Road. Its timely opening has coincided with the Horse Stamp Inn’s debut. Whether driving north or south on the interstate, it’s a short 3.5 mile journey to the HORSE STAMP mailbox and Inn sign.
1 hour from Jacksonville, FL
1.5 hours from Savannah, GA
3 hours from Charleston, SC
4 hours from Orlando, FL
5 hours from Atlanta, GA
5 hours from Charlotte, NC
Although the Horse Stamp Inn is far from reality and a world apart, the Hutcheson’s warm welcome will make guests feel like they’re coming home.
HORSE STAMP INN
2418 Horse Stamp Church Road
Waverly, Georgia 31565